1. Make her wait hours for a response. She’s not going to expect you to respond within seconds when you’re busy at work or out with your friends. But if you make a habit out of replying to her texts hours — or worse, days — after she messages you, then she’s going to decide you aren’t worth the effort. If you can’t do something as simple as send a text back within a reasonable amount of time, then you’re not going to meet the rest of her expectations. You’re not going to make a great boyfriend.
2. Text her when you’re sloppy drunk or super high. You should mainly be texting her sober so you can have deep, coherent conversations with her. If you’re always drunk or high, then your conversations are probably not going to make the most sense. Even worse, she’s going to assume all you do with your life is party. She’s going to assume you’re irresponsible and immature. She’s going to get turned off.
3. Turn every conversation sexual. It’s nice to drop a compliment here and there, but you shouldn’t be begging her for nudes and you shouldn’t be turning every innocent conversation into a sexual one. There’s a difference between flirting with her and acting disgusting. Make sure you don’t cross over that line.
4. Litter your texts with errors. If it’s impossible to understand what your text is trying to say, then she’s not going to want to continue the conversation. She won’t even know what to say. Show her you care about your interactions with her by rereading every text before you hit send. Put at least a little bit of effort into the conversation.
5. Repeat the same questions every single day. She’s going to get bored if you say the same exact thing every time you text her. Try to come up with some new conversation topics. Try to hold her interest. Otherwise, she’s not going to bother responding because she’ll be able to predict what you’re going to say anyway.
6. Brag about the other girls in your life. You might think you’re impressing her by mentioning all of the other people you’ve slept with, but you’re really making her lose interest. You’re making her think she doesn’t stand a chance of dating you. You’re making her think she would just be another number to you. If you really want to impress her, make her see she’s the only one for you.
7. Kill conversations. If you have trouble holding a conversation with her over text, she’s going to assume the same would happen in real life. She’s going to assume you don’t work well together. She’s going to assume it’s a sign she should move on.
8. Only communicate with her over text. Even if the sparks are flying, she’s going to lose interest if you only text and never actually make plans to see each other in person. A relationship over text isn’t enough. She wants the real deal. She wants to see you in person. She wants a chance to really connect.